Did you know that you can download all your Facebook data? FB allows you to download all the data from your Timeline. You can download your profile information as well as content (e.g. posts and photos). It is a good idea to download all this data and keep a backup of it.
It is also advisable to download a copy of your Facebook data if you proceed to delete your Facebook account because once the FB account is deleted, all this data will be lost forever.
You can download the following types of data from your Facebook timeline:
- Photos or videos you've shared on Facebook
- Your Wall posts, messages and chat conversations
- Your friends' names and some of their email addresses. Email addresses of only those friends are included who've allowed this in their account settings.
- Your profile information
Following data cannot be downloaded:
- Your friends' photos and status updates
- Other people's personal info
- Comments you've made on other people's posts
STEP 1: Log into your Facebook account.
STEP 2: Go to Account Settings by clicking on the wheel icon given in the top right corner.
STEP 3: In General Tab, you’ll see a link to download a copy of your Facebook data. Click on this link.
A new screen will come where you will see a button to start the process of archiving your Facebook data. Click on “Start My Archive” button.
A box will appear. Click on the confirm button.
You’ll get an email similar to the one given below:
You can download information archive from the link given in this email.
I hope this was useful for you. Have you ever downloaded your Facebook data? How was you experience? Do you think it is important to download and keep a copy of such information? Please share your view with us. Thank you for using TechWelkin.