Google’s innovation knows no stopping! If you have a picture on your computer -you can find similar images using Google Image search! Check it out:
- Go to Google Images Search (http://www.google.co.in/imghp?hl=en)
- Drag and drop an image from your computer onto the Google Images Search page
- Google will automatically upload your image into its database
- It will then analyze your image and search for the similar images
- In results you’ll get a list of images that Google thinks are similar to the image provides by you
The search is done by analyzing the provided image –it’s is not a search based on the name of the image. To test it, from Google Images, I downloaded a photograph showing a camel. I renamed the photo as “royal bengal tiger” and then used the above steps to find similar images.
And guess what!
I failed to confuse Google and it found me lots of images of camel!