Google has an insatiable appetite for innovation! Now you can watch Google’s version of Hindu epic Ramayana online. The product has been created using HTML 5. Google Ramayana is also a good demonstration of the power of HTML 5.
Google Ramayana has been developed by Google Indonesia as a Chrome experiment. Although the language of the epic is Bahasa but for those who are familiar with the story –it is easy to follow.
The product has been integrated with several Google products; for example:
- Locations in the story are shown using Google Maps
- Story characters like Rama, Sita, Janak, Dashratha talk to each other using Google Talk
- You can click on different items shown in the story and Google Product Search will swing into action to show you how to buy the item.
- Jatayu in this version of Ramayana writes a Blogger blog!
- Letters in the story are sent via Gmail
At present, the website does not work in non-Chrome browsers. It is tailor made for Chrome. It is a colorful and very interesting way for Google to advertise their services. Have a look at a few screenshots here. Do visit the website for full action. (Please note that this website will work only in Google Chorme browser)
Isn't it wonderful?! Google always surprises us with some thing new and innovative. Please share how you liked this Ramayana version from Google.