What is video call?
You all know that Facebook allows you to chat with your friends using text. But instead of talking hidden behind typed words –you can actually see your friend and talk with her face to face! That has been made possible by video call.
Requirements for a video call
Both you and your friend must have a webcam and a microphone. These two devices need to be properly setup before they could be used.
Are video calls recorded or saved?
No, videos of such chats are neither recorded nor saved –so don’t expect to find them in your Facebook inbox just the way you find text chat history. Only time and date of a video chat is recorded and kept in message history.
How to setup video call
- Open the chat popup of the friend who you want to call
- Click on Settings button ()
- Select Call
- Click the Set Up button and follow the instructions to setup webcam and microphone
- Once setup is done, your call should automatically connect. If it doesn’t try calling again
How to make a video call
- Click on the video call icon () in chat popup. The call will be made.
- When your friend answers, you may have to wait a moment for your call to connect before the video call begins. If your friend hasn’t set up video calling yet, you’ll be asked to wait until the setup is complete.
- If your friend is unavailable, you can leave a video message. The time and date of your missed call will be listed in your ongoing message history with your friend.
What if I don’t have a webcam?
If you don’t have a webcam –you can still use video calling. You’ll be able to see your friend (if she has a webcam) but your friend will only be able to hear your voice.