Internet works at crazily busy speeds. Unimaginable amount of data gets transferred among millions of computing devises. But how busy exactly is Internet? What all happens on Internet in one minute?
Recently Intel Corporation released an infographic to illustrate what goes on Internet in just one minute! The graphic is full of staggering numbers. It puts in perspective the vastness of the World Wide Web around us. We use Internet all the time without realizing the massive infrastructure that make it work. Let’s have a look at what this infographic reveals:
- 640,000 GB of IP data transfers takes place
- Identities of about 20 people are stolen!
- 204 million emails are sent
- Sales worth $83,000 take place
- 6 new Wikipedia articles get published
- 1300 new mobile phone users are added
- Google handles more than 2 million search requests
- More than 100 LinkedIn accounts are created
- 277,000 logins and 6 million page views happen on Facebook
- YouTube serves 1.3 million videos
- 30 hours of video is uploaded on YouTube
- 20 million photos are viewed on Flickr
- Pandora serves 61,141 hours of music
- 47,000 apps are downloaded
- More than 320 new Twitter accounts are created
At present the number of networked devices on Internet is equal to the human population. However, by 2015 this number will become double of the human population!
In 2015, it will take you 5 years to watch videos that will circulate through Internet in just one second!
I hope it was useful for you. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions on this topic. I will be happy to try and help. Thank you for using TechWelkin