Security companies Background Check and Lookout Mobile Security have published interesting information about people losing mobile phones. Sample a fact: 4 mobile phones are lost every day as people accidentally drop them into the Niagara Falls!
- $7 million worth of mobile phones are lost every day around the world
- Two third of lose takes place between 9:00pm and 2:00am (drunk people forgetting phones in bars? Or mugging?)
- During the Cologne carnival; about 30% more phones were lost than within a week!
- Lookout Mobile Security located mobile phones worth $2.5 billion in 2011. Most of these were Android based and were found within the USA.
- You should be more careful when you visit apartments, pizza outlets, coffee shops and fast food restaurant as these places are among those where people tend to lose their mobiles!