If you are a lawyer, judge, law student or related with the profession of law in India –you may often need to refer to various parts of India’s constitution. Even if you are an activist or a common citizen –Indian constitution might interest you in one way or the other.
Now you no longer need to carry the thick volumes of India’s constitution around. The entire book can be downloaded into your android mobile as an app! The app is available for free in Google Play store.
The app has been developed by Ashok Felix and apparently being kept up-to-date. The developer is making updates as and when there are any new amendments in the constitution.
App has the following features as per the description on Google Play:
– Full, unedited Article Content of all the 394 Articles.
– Divided into Parts, Sections, Sub-Sections and Article Lists.
– Searchable (Search Key)
– Display’s Current Path in every Screen and in every Article so that you know where you are.
– 97 Amendments and their complete contents available
– 12 Schedules from the constitution
– Search in Constitution or Central Parliament Acts.
– Search by Article Content, Chapter Names, Part Names, Sub-Section Names and Article Names in Constitution Mode and Short Title, Act Number, Act Year, Act Objective, Full Act Text & Free Text Search in Central Acts Mode
– Bookmarking favorite Articles
– Search & Highlight in Amendments/Schedules
– Saves Previous Search State
– Navigate Indexes by Trackball/D-Pad
– Scroll through Articles by Volume Keys
– Tablet Screens Supported (Thanks to Abhitej Velore)
– Neat Presentation in the form of Heading and Description in every Screen
– Zoom by clicking on icons/Pinch zoom in Amendments and Central Acts Screens.
– Text size can be increased/Decreased for Article Content.
– Aesthetic Reading Experience
– Low Memory Resources required
– A good way to teach kid’s about the Constitution of India
– Helps Improve the Productivity of people who refer the Constitution regularly.
– Share Article Title, Content or both through SMS, Email or any text related application.
You can download this comprehensive app about Indian constitution from: