iPhone’s Photos app arranges the photos and videos from your camera into Memories. The Memories feature on iPhone automatically organize your photos and videos into collections — which are albums arranged in chronological order. For example, all your party photo collections will be automatically organized in a Memory called Party and your hiking photos and videos will be organized in a Memory called Hiking along with the dates. Thus, it becomes easier for you to look for photos and videos shot on a specific day, place and on a special occasion.
However, instead of sticking to the automatic selections, you can also create your own Memories and view them as slideshows or automatically edited movies. You can share these with your loved ones as well.
Creating Your Own Memories in iPhone
- To create Memories, open the Photos app > Albums and tap the plus button in the top left corner to create a new album.
- Name the album. The album name and the photo date included in the memory will be the title of the Memory. When you create a new album, you will be prompted to add photos to it. Select the photos that you want to add in this new memory. NOTE: You can add or remove photos later as required.
- Open the newly created album, tap the date range shown for the photos. A thumbnail of one of the photos, displays with a play icon on it. Tap the icon to create a Memory from the photos in the current album. Please note, unless you confirm by tapping the icon you cannot create a memory of the selected photos.
- Scroll down and tap the Add to Memories
Customizing Your Memories
You can edit the length, music and the photos in the album for the Memory that you created.
- Access Memories from the album that you created or you can also access it from the app’s Memories
- Select the Memory and play, and pause to start editing.
- To change the length use the options – Short, Medium or Long.
- To set the length in seconds, tap the Settings > Duration and set the length in seconds.
- To edit music, you can use one of the music tracks included in the Memories feature, or use music from your personal music library, or you can remove music altogether.
- The default music track of the Memories conforms to various moods like Dreamy, Sentimental, Gentle, Happy etc. You can swipe the mood bar to change the music.
- To include music from your music library, tap the Settings button at the bottom right.
- It displays the options to access your Music Library. To remove music or sound from the memory, select None.
To add or remove photos from a Memory:
- Tap the Settings button at the bottom right and tap Photos & videos.
- Use the plus button at the bottom left to add the photos and the Delete button at the bottom right to remove the photos.
The iPhone Photos app automatically removes old Memories to create space for your new memories. However, it does not remove individual photos and videos that are included in the Memory. It removes the complete Memory.
To prevent auto removal, you can mark it as a Favorite.
- Tap Memory, scroll down the screen, and tap the Add to Favorite Memories
Sharing or Deleting Memories
It is not possible to share a Memory; however, you can share an individual photo or video that is part of a Memory.
To share memories tap a photo or video in the Memory and tap the Share button to share it via any of the popular social media website.
To delete a Memory:
- Tap Memory, scroll down the screen, and tap Delete Memory
After reading the article, am sure you are busy creating your own Memory to share it with you friends and family.
Should you have any question on this topic, please feel free to ask in the comments section. We, at TechWelkin and our reader community will try to assist you. Thank you for using TechWelkin!